The goal of a distribution optimization assessment is to demonstrate to customers how optimizing their distribution will drive significant cost reductions. During the distribution optimization assessment, Blue Harbors’ consultants will:
- Identify and define relevant distribution processes and incorporate them into a distribution process map.
- Authenticate the distribution structure.
- Classify relevant articles using an ABC-XYZ matrix methodology with the MRP monitor bolt-on tool. This ABC-XYZ matrix will ultimately result in a stock-holding matrix.
- Measure the as-is state process against the industry best practice process on a selection of key figures/ratios for the order processing thru transport processes. This will identify, assess and validate areas to increase efficiency and generate a cost reduction.
- Prepare and present a solution concept covering a(n):
- Analysis of as-is process and opportunities for improvement.
- Overview of probable areas and give detailed recommendations for improvement from a process and IT perspective.
- Thorough evaluation of the solution concept, including its benefits for your organization, and Blue Harbors’ recommended implementation approach.
Blue Harbors would like the opportunity to further discuss this project should it be of relevance to your organization. Typical timeline for a distribution optimization assessment is 2 to 4 weeks.