The goal of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) Optimization assessment is to help clients improve the efficiencies of their MRP processes. In a MRP optimization project, Blue Harbors’ consultants will hold a series of 4 workshops to gather information in addition to standard interactions with your organization. This is necessary to gain essential background information and a better understanding of your organization’s MRP landscape. Then our staff performs an in-depth analysis of the supply chain structure, MRP processes, range of materials, key materials measurements and weak points of the configured MRP parameters. Blue Harbors uses the ABC-XYZ analysis approach and will create a ABC-XYZ matrix using the SAP MRP monitor bolt-on tool. As part of this project, our consultants will work with your support staff on knowledge transfer and training around the MRP parameters and their interdependencies. Typical outputs from a MRP optimization project will be:
- Detailed MRP parameter matrix that provides recommendations for analytic selection of MRP parameters specific to your organization.
- Recommended migration strategy for implementing these recommendations.
- Enhanced knowledge and awareness of MRP parameters by your staff.
- Strategy and tool recommendation to improve master data quality related to MRP.
- Greater inventory transparency through implementation of strategy and utilization of tools.
Blue Harbors would like the opportunity to further discuss this project should it be of relevance to your organization. Typical timeline for a MRP optimization project is 6 weeks.