An Integrated SAP Shipping Solution That Will Save Your Business Time & Money And Improve Customer Satisfaction
Save time & money, and exceed customer expectations by integrating shipping and parcel tracking functionality into your existing SAP environment with the Blue Harbors Express Ship Solution. The Express Ship Solution:
✔ Adds Shipping Functionality To An Existing SAP Environment
✔ Saves Businesses Time & Money Through Optimization & Automation
✔ Supports Parcel, LTL, TL, International & Dangerous Goods Shipping
✔ Does Not Require The Addition of New Software, Middleware or License Fees
✔ Is Developed Using Native SAP Tools, Interfaces, and Functionality
✔ Is Certified By All Connected Shipping & Parcel Carrier Companies
✔ Is Certified & Supported By SAP
Upon implementation of the Express Ship Solution, you will have the ability to:
✔ Generate labels of all connected carriers from a single system
✔ Leverage SAP Customer & Master Data
✔ Integrate Weight Scale & Bar Code Scanning Support
✔ Set Shipping Preference Defaults To Save Time
✔ Utilize All Carrier Shipping Options
✔ Perform Rate Procurement Activities with Real-Time Carrier Selection Functionality
✔ Print All Shipping Documentation (i.e. Bills of lading, airway bills, invoices, international documentation, etc.)
✔ Perform Reverse Logistics Processes (i.e. Return Label & Pickup Generation)
✔ Automate Tracking Number Creation
✔ Track Shipments Without Leaving SAP
✔ Perform Day End Close Activities
Incorporating Express Shipping Into The Sales & Distribution Process:
- Enter a sales order in SAP. Select the shipping service (overnight, ground, Saturday delivery, etc.) using one of four possible triggers in the sales order: shipping condition, route, delivery priority, or special processing indicator. The carrier is assigned as the `Forwarding Agent’ partner.
- Pick product for deliveries. Deliveries are created for sales orders. Pick tickets are generated for the deliveries and warehouse personnel physically pick items the warehouse. *Note: it is not mandatory to use SAP’s warehouse management (WM) module to utilize express ship functionality.
- Pack product into a shipping carton. Next, the items are brought to a packing station and placed in a shipping carton. The carton is weighed on a scale that is directly integrated with SAP.
- Send details to small parcel carrier. Information about the shipping container and its contents are captured in XSI and transmitted to the parcel carrier (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) via XML.
- Receive shipping label details. A XML response is received from the parcel carrier and processed in SAP. This includes an image of the shipping label, the cost of shipping the parcel and the tracking number. This data is saved in the delivery; the image of the shipping label prints at the packing station.
- Post goods issue / End-of-day close. A goods issue is posted for the delivery. When the UPS / FedEx truck picks up the packages, an end-of-day close transaction is performed.
- Parcel tracking. While the parcel is in transit current details about its tracking status are available in numerous documents in SAP, including the sales order, delivery and shipment.
The Express Ship Solution – Recorded Solution Presentation Video:
Solution White Paper & Case Study
- Express Ship Solution Case Study: Read a case study on the impacts of implementing the Express Ship Solution.
Schedule A Live Demo Of The Express Ship Solution
Want more information on the Blue Harbors Express Ship Solution? We would love to show you how this solution will benefit your business and give you a competitive edge. Contact us here, and we will work with you to schedule a webinar & live demo.
You can also contact us via email at info@BlueHarbors.com. Please use “XSI” in your subject line. Thanks!